Beginners, Intermediate & Advanced English Lessons
Survival English: Conversational English for Travelling (Level 1)
A “survival” English course for those who are thinking of travelling to a English speaking country or want to learn English. You will learn to communicate basic information about yourself and how to deal with day-to-day situations in English when travelling abroad. Some of the topic areas include:
• Greeting people
• Introducing yourself and your family
• Talking about where you come from
• Saying what you do for a living
• Ordering food and drink
• Asking for prices and the bill
• Asking for and understanding directions
• Booking accommodation
• Checking in at the hotel
In addition, the course includes activities related to the culture of various English speaking countries (such as English and American cuisine, celebrities, destinations, etc).
Survival English: Conversational English for Travelling (Level 2)
In this course you will learn how to deal with unexpected situations in English when travelling and also how to talk about yourself in more detail. As well as consolidating Level 1 course content, you will learn how to deal with new situations when travelling to a English speaking country.
• Complaining at a restaurant
• Learning how to deal with basic issues at the hotel
• Buying train tickets and understanding departure times
• Asking for and understanding information at the tourist office
• Talking about hobbies
• Giving opinions on several topics
• Asking questions about others
In addition, the course includes activities related to the culture of various English speaking countries (such as English and American customs, festivities, and traditions, etc).
Intermediate English Course
With this Intermediate English Course you will improve your general vocabulary and grammar by practising your speaking. With a focus on communication, you will gain a better range of English vocabulary and verb tenses. Some of the topics include:
• Talking about your hobbies and what you do in your free time;
• Giving opinions on various topics;
• Talking about food
• Describing where you live and talking about positive and negative things of your local area;
• Talking about traditions and festivals in English speaking countries;
• Focus on using the present, past and future correctly.
English Book Club
English Book Club for upper-intermediate and advanced English speakers. Last Saturday of every month
In Term 1 we read “ The Night Parade” by Kathryn Tanquary. In Term 2 we will read “ The Curiosity House” serie by Lauren Oliver and H.C. Chester. The featured book as well as the discussion will be only in English
If you would like to register for the SCE Book Club, please get in touch by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0909328907.
Private Tuition (Any Level, Any Age!)
Private tuition is available for students of any level. The content of this course is totally tailored to the level, interests and needs of the student.
If you are looking for an English tutor, please click